To perform hand or spray application of paint and special compounds for parts, assemblies and finished apparatus.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Hot airless, air, hot filling and sound deadening spray units, jib hoist, steam jenny, air sanders, paint units, brushes, scrapers, wire brushes, ladders, scaffolds, chain and cable slings, safety equipment, small hand tools, electrostatic spray unit, worksaver, floor operated bridge hoist, small power hand tools, vacuum cleaner, protective cover portable blasting equipment, gages or instruments to check proper millage of paint, overhead cranes, fork lift truck, and other material handling equipment.
USED: Paint, varnish, shellac, thinners, solvents, filling compounds, oil, mashing tape, air, corrosion preening compounds, name plate tags, heating torch.
PRODUCED: Painted, varnished, shellacked, filled and slushed turbines, compressors, strainers, heaters, condensers, ejectors, tanks, turbochargers, mill motors, castings, gears, shafts.
1. Receives instructions from supervision
2. Works from work order book, drawings or special instructions
3. Selects equipment and material required for individual Job
4. Stirs, shakes, mixes or thins compounds as required
5. Mixes paints by adding ingredients as required to obtain proper consistency
6. Positions material by using a jib hoist or by means of an overhead crane
7. Cleans surfaces prior to painting by sanding, scraping, wire brushing, washing, etc.
8. Prepares material for painting by filling and rubbing out, patching holes and crevices, masking, slushing, etc.
9. Applies paint, varnish, shellac, solvents, filling compounds, sound deadening and other special compounds using a spray gun and/or brush
10. Loads material on flat bed trucks after painting operation
11. Obtains painting material from stock as required
12. Removes and cleans any material by means of steam jenny for painting or production requirement
13. Climbs and works from ladders and low scaffolds occasionally
14. Makes minor repairs on spray units such as changing circulatory and draw valves, replacing nozzles, etc.
15. Cleans paint spray unit and brushes after using.
16. Cleans paint spray booth as required.
17. Reports production count, time and identifying data as required
18. Maintains good housekeeping by keeping tools, material and equipment in proper place
19. Reports defective material and equipment to supervision
20. Observes all safety rules
21. Moves material in and out of lay-down area or paint booth area
22. Checks wet and dry mil thickness of paint
23. Operates overhead crane
24. Operates fork lift truck and other material handling equipment
25. Attach name plate tags as required
26. Applies protective cover to finished units as required
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Must be available to work both First (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM) and second Shift (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM)
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.