Lays out, installs, maintains and repairs all types of pipe lines, fittings and fixtures, as required in plaint maintenance and construction.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Bending, threading and cut-off machines, portable power tools, soldering and burning equipment, testing equipment, miscellaneous hand tools, material handling equipment etc.
Various types and sizes of pipe, fitting, fixtures, sealing and packing compounds, insulating materials, hardware etc.
1. Receives instructions, prints and work orders for job.
2. Interprets drawings, and sketches, plans details of working procedure for tool and material requirements. Selects materials in accordance with suitability for job.
3. Lays out work, makes sketches of piping as required, and calculates dimensions and radii of bends.
4. Sets up and operates bending, treading and cut-off equipment and uses various hand tools of the trade to shape and fabricate pipe as required for installation.
5. Tests, inspects, dismantles, repairs, replaces or installs any type of high or low pressure piping, fitting and fixtures as required for maintenance and construction of pipe lines for air, water, steam, oil, gas, acid, caustic, etc.
6. Makes and seals various types of joints such as expansion, flange, nipple, coupling, union, lead wiped, soldered, flared caulked, etc.
7. Applies various types of insulation and pipe covering, exercises all safety precautions and makes provisions for handling materials and equipment to and from job site as required in connection with work. Works in shop or plant.
8. Uses burning torch as required.
9. Lubricates machine as required, wipes and keeps machines, tools and work place clean.
10. Maintains good housekeeping by keeping tools, materials, and equipment in proper place.
11. Reports defective material and equipment to supervision.
12. Observes all safety rules.
13. Reports production count, time and identifying data verbally to timekeeper.
14. Operates material handling equipment to position or transport various maintenance parts, materials, supplies, tools and equipment to and from maintenance projects and storage.
This above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Must have a traditional skilled trades Journeyman's Card through an accredited program or an Associate's degree (or Equivalent Education) plus 5 years of experience maintaining all plant maintenance, boiler maintenance, underground gas and water supples or related experience or 10 years of relevant experience.
Must be available for all shifts, weekends and overtime.
Elliott is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the federal, state or local laws of the United States. Elliott is a drug free workplace.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Elliott Group employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Elliott Group recruiting team will become the property of Elliott Group and no search fees will be paid.